Special Conference Finland Best Paper Prize
The Strategic Management Society was pleased to present one outstanding paper with the Special Conference Finland Best Paper Prize. Nominated authors were invited to submit a full version of their submitted proposal for consideration by the selection committee due no later than February 15, 2010. These papers were reviewed and 10 finalists were named at the opening of the conference. The committee determined the winner which was announced during the conference. Decisions were based on the following criteria:
- Soundness of the conceptual development
- Originality and new contribution(s)
- Appropriate methodology well applied
- Relevance to management practice
- Effective communication of the central ideas of the work
The Prize for the best conference paper consists of a €500 cash award. In addition, three other papers will received a Honorable Mention. All winners were presented with a commemorative certificate and were recognized at the conference dinner on Friday, March 19th
- "The Impact of Organisational Conflict on Strategy Implementation Tasks"
- Jane Lê - Aston University
- Paula Jarzabkowski - Aston University
Honorable Mention (in no particular order):
- "First-order Strategy Discourse: The Strategy Meaning-making Process in Practice"
- Sotirios Paroutis - University of Warwick
- Loizos Heracleous - University of Warwick
- "Tracking the Process of Strategic Renewal in MNEs: A Discourse Perspective"
- Julia Balogun - Lancaster University
- Kathryn Fahy - Lancaster University
- "A Rules-based Approach to Strategy Workshops: A Case Study of Strategic Change and Continuity"
- David Seidl- University of Zurich
- Robert MacIntosh- University of Glasgow
- Donald MacLean- University of Glasgow